The past two weeks!!
The past two weeks have been full of fun and exciting events and this week there is even more. Two weeks ago, aka Valentine's Day weekend, Chris came down to see me all weekend. Friday night, Chris and I made cheeseburgers and oreo balls. Oreo Balls are oreos squished up, mixed with cream cheese, frozen, and covered with milk chocolate. (Cheyenne, Ben, &Kelly helped up make them) Saturday I had a field trip though to the Desert Museum and on a hike with my Ecology class. I thought it was going to be one of the most boring field trips but it turns out I met two wonderful ladies in my class, Emily and Jackie that I spent the whole day with. Sunday Chris and I wanted to have an adventure day so we watched the olympics, went to the rock and mineral show, mall(Tucson mall is expanding alot-bigger then malls in Gilbert) and to a mexican restaurant that was on the show Diners, Drive in's, and Dives. Chris had a carne asada burrito that was GINORMOUS, and I had a bean and cheese burrito that was delicious. But the best part of the weekend was my present(and a SURPRISE at that), I was given the most beautiful promise ring from Christopher, it was made especially for me with a diamond from one of his dads rings. For him, I made him a jar that contained 365 reasons why I loved him in it, he absolutely loved it and could not believe that I came up with all of them. When I started that project, I did not realize how hard it was to make all 365 reasons different.
On Thursday and Friday I had a trip for FFA called B&I tours. On Thursday we went to the Arizona State Capitol to pass out house plants to all the senators and house of representatives for National FFA Week(Feb 22-27). I also had the opportunity to give the invocation to the Senate, I sat by the Head Hancho of the room(not sure what his name was) but it turns out he was in FFA back in Iowa. Then on Friday we went to Rousseau Farms, a carrot farm, it was the most amazing experince I have ever had, we went through the processing plant to see how they made baby carrots and how they sorted and packaged them all. Then we went out to the carrot field and rode on the digger/harvester that pulled the carrots out of the ground and cut the tops off. After that we went to McElhaney Cattle Company which is a feedlot in Yuma, I have never seen so much cattle in my life, 126,00 head of cattle. After that Ben, Connor, Buddy, Jared, Heather, Cheyenne, and I drove to Safford for team time. We stayed on bens ranch, we toured Safford, Morenci, and Cliffton seeing the mines except it started snowing when we were up there so we didn't exactly see the whole mine. Saturday night we went to a benefit dance in New Mexico for the Mexican Grey wolves because a company is releasing them and they are killing cattle and other animals, in return the ranchers are losing money and cattle. On Sunday morning we left the ranch and headed home, it was a great to be able to finally relax and hang out with the family. We had dinner at Niane and Jasons, mom and Niane made an Italian potatoe pie. It rained all day yesterday in Gilbert so I left early for Tucson and made Taco Soup for the Boys. This week is full of choas which camp planning, ffa proficiency awards, scholarships, chapter visit, floral show, Jerry & Cindy's wedding, and Kyle's birthday party. It is going to be a really busy week!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.