Sunday, April 3, 2011

Spring Break 2011!!


So it was a crazy decision on where to go California, Colorado, California, Colorado, and CALIFORNIA IT IS!!!  So I decided since Lauren and I won’t get much time together when she leaves for NAU (by the way GO DIGGY, so proud of her)..anyways so Lauren and I packed our stuff and headed to C-a-l-i-f-o-r-n-i-a!! The drive was really good went pretty fats and we didn’t get lost, that was a plus but we did see a GINORMOUS boulder on the way up to Big Bear! Our first actual day here we decided it would be appropriate to learn how t snowboard, I am still of my willingness to learn as I sit on the couch in pain of my knee and wrist.  I fell wayyyyyy to many times, BUT it was fun and I did learn how to go toeside and Lauren is amazing! Let me tell you a secret, I am a little jealous of her talent for her first day of snowboarding BUT I am proud of her and I am so glad she is really good considering she will be living in the freezing for the next 4 years of her life! I loved going and Rikki and Chardelle are fantastic teachers!!!!! So I sit now on the couch with a swollen knee, aching wrist, and lovely sunburn(it’s a good one J) The next day we got up and drove down the hill to go shopping for Laurens prom dress and stay at Aunt Patties.  After a long day and lots of dresses we finally found Laurens dress at Bebe for only $60.  Can you believe it? Bebe? For only $60, it was originally almost $300, we got a great deal!!!! She looks so elegant and grown up in it!! It was a dress made for Lauren!  Guess you will have to wait for Prom to actually see it(oh and since I am doing this a little late-She got asked to Prom by Ryan Acosta-yay!yay!yay!!) After shopping we went back to Aunt Patty’s and ate dinner with her and Uncle Maris.  Dinner was very entertaining, we learned how to say a bunch of words in Dutch. The best was learning Heads, Knees, and Shoulders in Dutch, it was hilarious.  I probably don’t have to say this but I shall, we were AWFUL!!!!!!!  I am pretty sure we butchered the language but it was hilarious anyways! The next morning we were off to Disneyland and California Adventure! Kelly(Rikki’s friend) that we have known for a long time got us a great deal on tickets so we only had to pay $50 for park hoppers.  It was an amazing day!! I will let the pictures speak for themselves, BUT I did see Aly& Josh there, they got engaged at Disneyland in front of the Finding Nemo ride, so ADORABLE!!!  Oh and my favorite part of the day…World of Color!! It was one amazing light show!! Let me tell you----if you haven’t seen it, I would pay 100 buckaroos just go to see it---YES ITS THAT AMAZING!!  The next day, which happened to be Friday we woke up early and went to breakfast with Grandma and Grandpa, such a shame we could not spend the whole day with them but Christopher broke his wrist(snowboarding in Colorado) so I wanted to get home to see him. BUT spring break was super duper fun!! Only if it was a little longer!! And this is a little late but school has been crazy and all….I am working on getting better at it….oh oh and look forward to my next post, me and Lauren did something exciting!! Ta-ta for now J     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.