Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Colorado-Sigma Alpha Girls, Snow, Workshops, AGR Boys....

What could be better?!?
Sylvalyn and I went to Denver, Colorado for the AGR/Sigma Alpha Leadership Seminar. We left at 5:20am {yes AM} for the Tucson International Airport, o ya know we got there a at 5:45 an to our dismay...LINES!! Seriously people, who gets up this early to fly!! {oh ya we are apart of that crazy group} Our bags got these warning tickets on them, your bag may not make your flight, WHHHAATT?? So as I am freaking out Sylvalyn drags me to our flight so we don't miss that. The plane ride was short, good conversations with a man that worked for Monsanto. We got there, it was freezing, so I purchased probably the MOST amazing drink I have EVER tasted in my life, Pomegranate Vanilla Chai Tea, it think God delivered it himself because I thought I had gone to heaven {don't worry I had it 3 times while we were in Denver} and then we had to take the longest rail car ride to get our luggage. We got a taxi to the hotel which was forever and a half away and then met up with our AGR boys. After a while we went to a place similar to Paradise Bakery for lunch to have a "girls social" and then back to the hotel for registration! The conference started soon after and it just took off from there, I went to so many different workshops but it was super fun! I learned a lot to bring back to the chapter and enjoyed all the people I met. I figure you don't want to hear about the boring conference stuff, what I learned, and blah blah, though it was quite beneficial! Now for the fun stuff, Friday night we went with the Colorado State University AGR boys and our boys to downtown Denver, which was gorgeous. To get there we had to ride on the light rail for an hour, sooooo many stops.....o did I mention, Sylvalyn and I had no idea we would be outside the whole time so we just wore sweatshirts....COLD!!! Everything ended up being closed but we still had a blast walking around seeing everything and then going to Johnny Rockets. Oh and on the way back we found an awesome tunnel, just wait till you see the pictures :) The next day, Saturday we woke up and did more workshops, fun activities, leadership building, team building, agriculture advocacy, there is a little more information for you :) I also had the chance to be the Master of Ceremonies for the award ceremony which was pretty cool, I basically did the whole ceremony {of course I read off a script}  and got to meet a bunch of industry people. Oh did I mention I got a scholarship for the trip, so we also took pictures, that was fun :) After the conference wrapped up, Seth and Ross went with us girls to Garcias for some delicious Mexican food, and then we went to our room and watched movies for the rest of the night. Both of those boys are hilarious and we had sooo much fun just hanging out!! Sunday we had to wake up super early AGAIN except we didn't have to I kinda read our plane tickets wrong...oopps! We just ended up having a lot of time to talk to people in the airport, one lady told me I was going to feed the world one day {thank you m'am}. Flight home was average, sat by a couple from Tucson had some good conversations, landed, Jay took us home and I crashed!! It was such a fun weekend and I am so glad I got a scholarship to go!!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.