The next morning we were off to New Orleans to stay with Holly for two days! The drive was not too bad, we did stop at this amazing gas station called Buccees, they had the most delicious beef jerky in the whole wide world!
I was seriously so tired of driving, I wanted to escape from the car. Then we hit Lousiana! OMG WATER EVERYWHERE!! I dont know which way to look, there is green and water, so different then ARIZONA! Oh and I made mom stop the this lake we saw and take a picture with the Louisiana state thing :) I was just so excited!
We went over a lot of bridges that were like a mile long going over swamps! Finally we arrived at Holly's and could relax for a day! We did so much in New Orleans. We saw a really old house and the first fire house in Gretta, mom was very intrigued.
We also went to a farmers market yay!Then we hopped on the Ferry to go to the festivals! There are always festivals going on and its crazy!!There were three festivals going on while we were there, my favorite was definitely the tomato festival! Yes...they have a festival for tomatoes!!!!!!!!!!
There was just so much to see and so much fun to be had! Bourbon Street was oh my lanta crazy! Lets just say lots of great people watching! I also got a drink from Pat O'Briens, saw some street shows, even had beads thrown at me! Oh and of course I got ice cream, I mean why not? We did soooooooo much walking, definitely worth it though!
The next morning it was super stormy so we got a late start! We went to a cute breakfast place and had the most amazing omelettes!!! Yummy yummy!! We went to the Garden District and rode the trolley!!!!! And I saw a cute lobster ;)
And then we made it all the way into Florida that night! We went straight to the hotel and crashed!! Next morning again bright and early; today was the day I would arrive at my new home! Yay!! We made a couple stops at state parks because I was really excited just to be in Florida! We also stopped at Pensacola Beach which was absolutely gorgeous! The state park was this really cool plantation home, it was a crazy gorgeous house and scenery so glad we stopped there!!
An old man took our picture ^^ haha
Although I did not blog the whole way here, the pictures I have will make me always remember the amazing road trip I took with my momma!! I am soooo glad we had the opportunity to stop and do so many things. My momma is a great sport and I wouldn't have wanted to travel any other way...of course I missed daddy and diggybut hopefully someday we can do a road trip with everyone! Now I can officially say I live in Florida!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.