Monday, September 13, 2010
Labor Day Weekend!
Labor Day weekend I went up to the lake to see everyone!! On my way to Gilbert, I had the privilege of having Ms. Laura Stump ride with me, I always love hearing her stories about traveling the world. What a crazy girl!! Friday night I got home around 6 but Lauren and Alli were not ready to go because they went to the high school football game. I waited for a while and was super exhausted so we decided to stay until Saturday morning and drive up then. Saturday morning I was woke up by a phone call from Nileah wondering where I was, we all got ready and headed up to the lake.
We got up there around 11am and hung out with everyone for a while. We then decided to go to the lake, it was so beautiful out and the water was the perfect temperature!! We all swam a lot, jumping off the towering, playing games, Nileah wakeboarded
and then I proceeded to wakeboard. Well it was choppy so I stopped so we could move to a different spot, the water was ok, definitely not glass though.
I jumped the first time, landed perfectly, then I go to jump the other side of the wake. Yup, I crashed.....BAD! Something was wrong, I knew because I was face down in the water and could not move, Niane jumped in the water to help me, mom and Niane slowly flipped me over and took off my bindings. I laid down on the back step and my hip popped in, thats not very good we though, so I laid on the bottom of the boat the rest of the way home. When I got home I laid down and iced and iced and iced and then iced some more. As I was laying there, all of a sudden I am hugged from behind, I was like "what in the world?" SURPRISE!! Christopher came up for the rest of the weekend to surprise me! That was an amazing surprise especially since I would be on the couch for the rest of it. Sunday my parents took me to our friend Marty who is a chiropractor so he could look at my hip, turns out I rotated my femur, ouch! painful! But he fixed it so I could walk :) So that's pretty much my labor day weekend, couch, tv, snacks, chilling in the pool, icing my hip! Not the best weekend ever but it was good to see everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.