Monday, November 8, 2010

HOMECOMING!!!

Lets fast forward to Homecoming week!! On October 18, I had a Big Sis/Little Sis dinner for Sigma Alpha! My Big Sis’ name is Jillian, she is super awesome and I am so lucky to have her as a big sis, I am sad though because she is leaving after next semester! October 19, we stuff the cowboy for homecoming with the aggie house, then they made us dinner which was delicious. On Friday, I had to wake up at 4:30 am to be at the golf tournament by 5:30, it wasa long morning, good thing I slept at Cheyenne’s so she could wake me up.
All day I was at a hole with Jimmy Wojick and Alumni, we were raising
money for scholarships, it was very successful, at the one hole we raised $2,000!!After the golf tournament was over, I went back to the school to work more on the Auction. We got done around 3, I went ho
me took a nap and went back to school for a Sigma Alpha sisterhood event! We did a huge scavenger hunt, our team dominated!!
Some of the stuff we had to do was get in a trash can, drink out of the same glass, jumping picture, Sigma Alpha gangster sign, Charlie’s angel pose, kiss a stranger, and much much more!!After we went back to Cheyenne’s house(not FFA Cheyenne), we painted our paddles for our Big Sis’, mine turned out so girly and pink-but adorable!! I went home at 1am and had to get up again at 4:30 to get ready for the auction, which went fantastic, we raised a total of $19,000!!!
Every day I had work because we were rushing to get ready for the auction and golf tournament. I worked over 30 hours, BIG PAY CHECK!!!! After the auction I was suppose to go to the football game, but I was so exhausted I went home and slept for the rest of the day! That Sunday I was still exhausted, so I did homework all day and then we carved pumpkins- I carved a “K” with bubbles, my best work J Monday we had a professional development for Sigma Alpha- once a month we have a speaker come in and talk to use about careers, it is really awesome, this month it was about UA Career Services and what they offer. Then Wednesday I went to a Disney internship expo, so I have decided that next year I am going to do a Disney internship and take the fall semester off school, I will still get 12 units and they will just put me on leave of absence at UA, I also talked to Lauren and she want to do it with me!!! Yay!! Yay!
I also carved pumpkins(it was a flower) with the Horticulture club, I am not officially apart of the club but eventually i would like to be if they get more organized :) I was also asked by my advisor, Tanya, who is AWESOME, to write some plant science modules for grades K-5, I have some good ideas that she loves, so we will see how those go!! As well I applied for a leadership internship next semester for a company called Growing Leaders, really special company that I experienced with FFA, I still haven’t found out, but I hope I do soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.