Monday, November 29, 2010
A $.54 apple is all it takes
So I know I still have to write about Thanksgiving but this was pretty cool so I thought I would share. Tonight after Sigma Alpha I was craving some soup(well my body needed the heat since it was like 45 degrees out) so I thought to myself "hmmm I shall go to Safeway" and on my way I also think "hmm an apple sure does sound delicious." I arrived at Safeway ready to pick up my delicious soup and guess what?!? NO SOUP!! They were all out, guess everybody had the same thought as me :) Then I contemplated, well I have an apple in my hand already, should I buy it, I am going to sure look silly standing in a long line to purchase one single apple. Well something made me buy that darn $.54 apple. And I discovered why. I walked outside, apple in hand, next I know a homeless man comes up to me and asks me for some money, I don't carry cash normally, so I said "Sir, I am sorry I do not have any cash, but I do have this delicious apple if you would like it" and he replied "Thank you ma'am", a smile lit his face up as I handed over that $.54 apple. After I thought, I wonder how long it has been since that man has had a fresh piece of fruit, it sure seemed to make his day and I know that God had me buy that apple for that purpose. I took an extra 30 minutes out of my night to buy an apple that I didn't even get to enjoy.....but you know what I am sure glad I did because I know that man enjoyed that apple and appreciated it way more than I would have. Life's little blessings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.