Last weekend I had the wonderful fantastic opportunity to go to Washington DC and Arlington Virginia for Sigma Alpha's National Convention!! I went with three other girls; Laura, Jackie, and Tatayana. I had such an amazing time meeting wonderful girls from all around the United States that have the same passions as me :) The time difference literally killed us, being 3 hours ahead is a little difficult, think about it we were waking up at 7am DC time which was 4 in the morning in AZ. OUCH!! Besides the lack of sleep and some lack of food, they apparently did not know we were ag girls and like to eat {we are not normal sorority girls as everyone said} they served us muffins for breakfast one morning and pizza for lunch--so many carbs! But we had free time at night, thank goodness and we went to an AMAZING restaurant I got a steak which tasted so delicious and I never eat steak. Laura got the swordfish which i tried and actually enjoyed and Jackie got some type of squash pasta and that was really good as well! We also went to DC Cupcakes that night, oh my lanta I was super excited! Literally I could not contain my excitement!!! For those of you who don't know DC cupcakes has a TV show and I frequently watch it :) You will definitely not miss my excitement in the pics. That same night we toured DC, it is so gorgeous I am in awe of all the monuments, they were such a site and I am so grateful to have seen them. I want to take my family back because it was just so awesome! The next day we had a full day of Sigma Alpha, breakfast, lunch, and dinner banquets and meetings....it was a long but productive day. I was the delegate for Alpha Rho which is our chapter and we had to vote in Congress about amendments and on new officers for National Sigma Alpha. We also attended a couple of workshops and met Josh who is an AGR boy which was here not that long ago for our boys retreat, too funny! I also had a reaction that day, what a surprise, Kalea having an allergic reaction, NO WAY! haha it was from the cookies----but I am still alive :) That night we tried to go to Arlington Cemetary but it closed at 5 :( so we took some pictures out front to say we had at least been there and spent some more time taking pictures in the beautifulness since we did pay a cab to take us there for $14. Then we went back to the hotel and did homework, bleh! BUT the next morning was great we woke up early and toured more....I got to go to the Holocaust Museum, I literally could spend hours in there, no joke its so cool {if you have not been, you should go!} Then the rest of the day we hit a lot of the war monuments, did a little shopping, and headed to the airport. It was a wonderful trip, DC is gorgeous, I would seriously move there, I collected so many leaves and stopped to look ar so many plants the girls just laughed the whole time. Oh ya I forgot I learned how to use the metro--not a fan! It is kind of dirty, between cabs, shuttles, and the metro those 3 days to say the least I am not wanting to go back on them.....there are onlly so many germs I can handle!! That is pretty much my trip in a lot of words but you will see the amazing pictures and understand!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.